Because I want you to be happy with the portrait I create for you, and since unfulfilled expectations can lead to disappointment, I will outline for you what you can expect from me, and what I expect from you:
- I reserve the right to refuse to paint any picture, without providing a reason.
- If the image you want me to paint is copyrighted (for example, a photo taken by a professional photographer), I will need a signed letter from the copyright holder giving me the right to paint the image.
- When I receive your information and the electronic image to be used as the reference, I will contact you to verify what you want and when it will be completed. Please provide a telephone number and email address at which you can be reached.
- A deposit is required as proof of commitment, but the amount of the deposit can be negotiated. Work will not begin until the deposit has been received and cleared by the bank.
- I will make my best effort to paint the image you want, but keep in mind that this is hand-painted art, and not a photographic reproduction. Therefore, there will be variations from the image you provide as a reference. That said, I will do everything in my power to capture a likeness.
- When the painting is complete, a photograph of the painting will be emailed to you for approval.
- I will make up to 2 attempts to satisfy you. If you are not happy with the first attempt, and I can tweak the painting to improve it, I will do so, and that will constitute the second attempt.
- Any paintings that are not approved or purchased become the property of Lea Novak, and I reserve the right to
sell, copy, make prints, and/or reproduce such paintings by any means, in any form, for any purpose.
- I expect payment in full upon your approval of the photograph, after which I will deliver the painting in whatever manner we have agreed on. Paintings that cannot be delivered in person will be shipped via UPS ground or US Postal Service after payment is received. At this time, I am accepting commissions only for work that can be shipped within the United States.
- Payment may be made by credit card, PayPal, money order, or cashiers check in U.S. dollars.
- No prints of your piece will be offered for sale or other profit. In return for this consideration, you cannot copy or reproduce the work I paint for you in any means in any form without express written consent from the artist, Lea Novak.
- I reserve the right to use copies, prints, photographs, and other reproductions of any painting I produce for marketing purposes, including but not limited to posting on this website, brochures, posters, and other marketing venues. If you want me to waive this right, there will be an additional charge of $150.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling me at (609) 588-9279.